So if you are like me and love everything pumpkin, then yesterday was your day too! I treated myself to my usual grande pike roast with a pump of pumpkin syrup from Starbucks to start off the holiday and it was absolutely perfect! I don't know what it is but fall makes me want everything cinnamon and pumpkin pie flavored and I have no shame about it! My Pinterest food board has been strongly reflecting my love for those flavors and yesterday I decided to give one of the recipes I'd been eyeing a try! I made Pumpkin Cheesecake balls and dipped them Dark Chocolate *drooling again*.
These little morsels were the perfect sweet fall treat to end my long and stressful day. Not to mention they are *No Bake* which makes them convenient and less messy (perfect). The original recipe called to dip them in white chocolate, but like I said, I had, had quite long day and that called for some Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate instead. All of the other ingredients were so simple to get too! Think "Buckeyes" but for fall. Hope you enjoy this fun little fall treat, and happy belated National Pumpkin Day!
1/2 cup of White Chocolate Chips
1/2 bag of Dark Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup of Pumpkin Puree
1 cup of crushed vanilla wafers
6 oz of softened cream cheese
1/4 cup of Powdered Sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
1. Measure out about 1 1/2 cups of whole vanilla wafers into a bag. Begin crushing them until they are all mostly crumbs.
2. Mix Pumpkin Puree, Cream Cheese, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and Vanilla Wafers together with electric beater
3. Melt 1/2 cup of White Chocolate chips ( 30 second in microwave, take out & stir, 15 more seconds then stir again to melt) . When thats melted add it to the mix.
4. Chill mix in the fridge for 30 min.
5. After chilled, put wax paper on a baking sheet. Begin rolling the mix into 1/2 in little balls and place them on the baking sheet
6. Melt 1/2 bag of dark chocolate chips in the microwave ( 30 seconds, stir, 25 seconds, stir again)
7. Use a fork to dip half the balls in the melted chocolate and place them chocolate side up on the sheet.
8. Put in freezer for 30-45 min, then take them out and enjoy!!!
Taylor D. Camacho